Saturday, May 28, 2011

Asian Chicken Noodle Salad

This is the tasty leftover dish I promised you could make from yesterday's post, Grilled Asian Chicken. I didn't have any grilled vegetables leftover, but I say if you do, go ahead and throw those in too! 

I love this cool, refreshing noodle salad. It's an easy, well balanced meal that also travels well. Be prepared, if you bring it to work, you're coworkers might stare longingly at your lunch. So either bring enough to share or get ready to give them the stink eye so they'll back off.

If you aren't interested in making the grilled chicken and all the rest of it, I get it. But please, try the dressing (it doesn't take long and as far as I'm concerned, it's the star).


ASIAN CHICKEN-NOODLE SALAD WITH SNAP PEAS
Makes 4 servings

12 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
1 8- to 9-oz. package fresh Japanese-style noodles (such as udon)
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
2 grilled chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips (leftover from Grilled Asian Chicken)
6 scallions, thinly sliced
toasted sesame seeds (optional)


1.     Cook snap peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
2.     Return water to boil. Add noodles. Cook until tender but firm, 3 minutes (or as directed on package). Drain; rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to large bowl.
3.     Toss noodles with sesame oil. Cut noodles with kitchen shears to shorten. Add peas, chicken, and scallions; toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.

from Selma Brown Morrow
washed sugar snap peas
chopping scallions
noodles

I didn't have any udon noodles, so I used fettuccine (I didn't
snip them either, I just broke them up a little before I boiled them).
everything but the dressing
everything (including the dressing) ready to mix
mixed and plated (with sesame seeds sprinkled on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment