Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rosemary-Feta Beer Bread

You'll notice at the bottom of this recipe it says barely adapted. That's because after making this I decided I should up the feta cheese next time. I find as a rule, increasing the cheese improves most recipes (and whatever other problems you may have in life). Unless of course your problem is lactose intolerance or being allergic to dairy. In which case, you should ignore what I just said and probably stop reading my blog altogether (because I'm a dairy loving fool with no plans to slow down any time soon).

Anyway, I liked this bread. But not as much as my almost seven-year-old. In fact, I gave her a slice and then tried to take some photos, but she wouldn't stop trying to snatch some more (see the little arm in mid-snatch above). It was partly because she really, really liked the bread and partly because she thought it was hilarious to mess up my photos. And the more I glared at her, the funnier she thought it was. Her sense of humor is really coming along. I'm so proud.


ROSEMARY-FETA BEER BREAD

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
12 ounces beer
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
1 1/4 cups feta cheese, crumbled


1.      Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
2.      Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, rosemary, and feta in a large mixing bowl.
3.      Slowly stir in beer and mix just until combined. Batter will be very thick.
4.      Spread in loaf pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
5.      Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes.
6.      Serve warm or at room temperature.

barely adapted from A Whisk and a Prayer (originally adapted from Farmgirl Flare)
fresh rosemary
crumbled feta
everything but the beer
pouring in the beer
dough mixed
dough in pan
baked
removed from the pan
sliced

Just like with a dog with her tennis ball, I had to
throw a slice across the room for my daughter to fetch,
so I could distract her long enough to snap this shot.
.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Tell Maddie we loved the bread too. I got to take home the leftovers!

Post a Comment