Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lime-Cilantro Butter

Recently I posted a recipe for corn with mint-feta butter and claimed I usually eat my corn-on-the-cob plain. I was telling the truth, but I can understand why you'd be doubtful (considering this photo of corn glistening with a fresh coat of lime-cilantro butter). But I didn't make the lime-cilantro butter for this corn at all, but rather as a topping for the ultimate snack food, popcorn.


It's been a while since I tested out a new popcorn flavor. I have to say, while lime-cilantro might not be the latest, greatest taste sensation to hit popcorn, it's pretty good. It does need to be made fresh though (I noticed the butter definitely loses something after a day or two in the fridge). Give it a try. And if you don't like the idea of drizzling it over your popcorn, I suppose you can always do something freaky, like spread it on your corn.


LIME-CILANTRO BUTTER
Serves 12

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
_______________________________________________________________________

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.

adapted from ‘Lulu Powers Food to Flowers: Simple, Stylish Food for Easy Entertaining’ by Lulu Powers
zesting limes (I didn't use all this zest just for this recipe)
cilantro
mixing everything
lime-cilantro butter
pouring melted lime-cilantro butter on air-popped popcorn
(of course you can pop yours any way you want)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment