Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Corn with Mint-Feta Butter

I hesitated to even try this recipe because corn-on-the-cob is so great all on its own, I don't usually even bother putting regular butter on it. But my curiosity won out and I gave it a shot. It's so simple, but really, really tasty. Definitely a little messier than plain corn-on-the-cob, but I'm not very graceful eating it plain either (and at least this way, I'm not the only one who looks like a big slob).


CORN ON THE COB WITH MINT-FETA BUTTER
Serves 8-12

1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
7 ounces feta, finely crumbled (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup finely chopped mint
8 large ears of corn, shucked, each cob cut crosswise into 3 pieces
________________________________________________________________________

1.      Stir together butter, feta, mint, and a rounded 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.  Can be made 2 days ahead and chilled.
2.      Cook corn in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer with tongs to butter mixture and toss until well coated.

barely adapted from Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez

mint leaves
block of feta
crumbled feta
butter, mint and feta
mint-feta butter mixed
boiling the corn
I don't usually cut my cobs, but I discovered that I like it
smaller. It fit better in the pot and was easier for the kids to eat too.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment