Monday, December 10, 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

I like most dips. It's hard not to with all that sour cream and mayonnaise. I'd almost go so far as to say that it's difficult to make a bad dip (no need to email me about the horrendous dip you were served last week - I said almost). This is an example of good dip. In fact, it reminds me of a dip I used to make when I was in college using Knorr Tomato Basil Soup Mix (which has since been discontinued - damn I'm old). It used to taste great served with cooked cold tortellini. In fact, I wish I'd remembered that yesterday when I served this. Oh well...it wasn't too shabby with vegetables and chips.

 
SUN-DRIED TOMATO DIP
Yield: 2 cups

1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
10 dashes, hot red pepper sauce (like tabasco)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon salt)
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)


Puree tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.

from Ina Garten
sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream,
mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt and pepper


I forgot to chop my tomatoes first, but
isn't that what the food processor is for?
pureed; adding scallions
sun-dried tomato dip
sun-dried tomato dip on a cracker
.

No comments:

Post a Comment