Denny's...if I see the Sizzlin' Bacon-Spaghetti Grand Slam Skillet Scramble start popping up in your commercials, I'm calling my laywer. Actually, I'm calling some friends to see if anyone knows a good lawyer, and then I'm calling my lawyer.
CLASSIC SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb. spaghetti
8 oz. bacon, chopped
4 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prep/assemble the remaining ingredients so they’ll be ready when the pasta is done. Cook pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. While the pasta cooks, start making the sauce.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes.
3. While the bacon cooks, beat the eggs and cheese together in a bowl and season with salt; set aside.
4. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the oil except for 3 tablespoons.
5. Add the garlic to the pan. Season with black pepper. Saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add the crispy bacon and the pasta. Saute for 1 minute.
7. Remove the pasta pan from the heat and add the egg/cheese mixture, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mound into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
barely adapted from Emeril Lagasse
|chopped bacon in the pan|
|bacon getting crispy|
|adding parmigiano-reggiano to the eggs|
|cooking the garlic|
|cooked spaghetti and bacon added|
|adding the egg/cheese mixture (off the heat)|
|on the plate, sprinkled with parsley|
|twirling onto a fork|