BACON-WRAPPED WATER CHESTNUTS
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
1. Marinate the water chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour.
3. Roll each chestnut in the brown sugar.
4. Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon.
5. Secure with a toothpick.
6. Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan. Can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
7. Bake at 400º F. for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towels.
from food.com by Merlot
I tripled the recipe (well, I meant to, but only had time
to wrap about 2/3 of them before my friends came over).
|water chestnuts, soaking in soy sauce|
I turned the container over a few
times so all of them could get soaked.
|draining soaked water chestnuts|
|rolling in brown sugar |
(I made sure to really pat it on there good.)
|bacon cut in half|
|wrapping with bacon|
I just know that bacon pops are going to be the next
big thing...is there some way I can copyright that idea?
|wrapped and ready to go in the oven|
|on a tray, ready for the bacon-lovers |
It kind of looks like "the battle of the bacon", complete
with sword fighting (of course in the end, none of them made it).