ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
1 large spaghetti squash (about 5 lb.)
4 tablespoons olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
3/4 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus extra for serving
1. Heat the oven to 400° F. and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Brush the flesh with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the squash halves cut-side up on a baking sheet and roast until fork tender, about 50 minutes.
3. Remove the squash from the oven and let sit at room temperature until cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Scrape the flesh with a fork to make long strands; set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the reserved squash, toss with tongs to coat thoroughly, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cheese a handful at a time while tossing the squash to evenly coat. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and extra cheese.
from chow.com (by Kate Ramos)
|spaghetti squash, cut in half|
|innerds scooped out--brushed with oil|
and sprinkled with salt & pepper
|scraping with a fork|
|spaghetti squash strands|
|garlic and chopped shallots|
|cooked garlic and shallots|