deviledeggs.com (wow, there really is a website for everything).
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
paprika for sprinkling
1. Hard boil the eggs: Place the eggs in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover the eggs by 1-inch. Bring to a boil then keep at a steady simmer for 11 minutes. Run eggs under very cold water to stop the cooking. Let cool before peeling.
2. Peel the eggs.
3. Slice egg each in half lengthwise.
4. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
5. Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, relish and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon the yolk filling into a ziploc bag. Seal the top and cut off one of the corners. (Or if you want to get fancy, use a pastry bag with a star tip.)
7. Pipe the filling evenly into the egg whites.
8. Store covered in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/deviled-eggs-48153
|eggs in the pan, covered with water|
|eggs boiled, cooling off with cold water|
|eggs cooling more (sometimes I add ice cubes to the water)|
|hard boiled eggs, ready to peel|
|rolling and cracking all the way around|
I've read that older eggs are easier to
peel, but I haven't tested that theory out.
|adding sweet pickle relish to the yolks|
|yolks, mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish|
|filling in a ziploc bag|
|piping into egg white halves|
|filled and sprinkled with paprika|