Monday, December 6, 2010

Fruity Curried Chicken Salad

You heard me, fruit and curry in your chicken salad!  Don't be scared, I swear, it's really good.  Unless of course you hate curry (that's right, I'm talking to you Elizabeth).  In which case, it tastes great without the curry too.  So be brave and try this and let me know what you think.
before mixing with mayo
FRUITY CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
Makes 8 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked & diced (or diced chicken from 1 roasted chicken)
1 stalk celery, diced
4 scallions, chopped
1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
1 cup mayonnaise


Mix all ingredients together.  Best made one day ahead (there should be plenty of mayo so it doesn’t dry out—it soaks up more in the fridge overnight).

adapted from Karen L. Baker
after the mayo and curry have been mixed in

I've made this many times, but I've always used leftover roasted chicken (white and dark meat) and just added the rest of the ingredients to taste.  

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Just finished a delicious sandwich with this chicken salad in the middle. What I like most about it is the complex texture.

Post a Comment