Friday, October 12, 2012

Fig and Olive Tapenade

I've had many olive tapenades over the years, but what I especially like about this one is the addition of the figs. They add a wonderful sweetness that cuts through the saltiness from the olives. And the balsamic vinegar and rosemary round out the flavor nicely. But for me it wouldn't be complete without some tangy goat cheese. Then again, I think goat cheese makes almost everything better. But for the record, it's not good in coffee. Trust me.

FIG AND OLIVE TAPENADE
Yield: about 1 cup

4 oz. dried figs (mission or calimyrna), stemmed
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup green olives, pimiento-stuffed
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar


1.      Mince figs and olives finely (or for a finer texture, pulse a few times in the food processor).
2.      Add rosemary, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix (or process). You may need to add a little more olive oil to get to the texture/consistency you want.
3.      Serve as a dip or spread with crostini or crackers and goat cheese.

from food52 (added by Kayb)
dried figs
figs and olives in the food processor

No way was I chopping these by hand when I could quickly
process them (plus I actually do prefer a finer texture).
pulsed
adding rosemary, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
fig and olive tapenade
served with goat cheese and petits toasts
.

No comments:

Post a Comment