If you buy the pesto already made, this is sure to be the easiest dinner you make this week. Unless of course you consider taking a Big Mac and fries out of the bag and arranging them on the plate making dinner. Then this is a huge hassle.
EASY PESTO CHICKEN
Yield: 4 servings
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup homemade basil pesto (or store-bought)
2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
2. Place chicken on the baking sheet and coat each piece with about 3 tablespoons pesto.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
4. Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
5. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
slightly adapted from food.com (submitted by Tish)
|raw chicken breasts with pesto|
|adding sliced tomatoes|
|sprinkling mozzarella on top|
|baked pesto chicken|